Joseph Pasquariello at Insight Information's Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions
|Area||Mergers and Acquisitions|
May 30 - 31, 2011
St. Andrew’s Club and Conference Centre
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
10:45 am: The Role of Stalking Horse Bids in Canadian M&A
Speaker: Joseph Pasquariello, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- What is a “stalking horse bid”?
- Canadian insolvency proceedings – overview
- Insolvency sales processes – domestic and cross-border
- Why choose a “stalking horse” transaction vs. a “traditional” sale process?
- Nortel’s experience: the emerging use of stalking horse bids in Canada