Neill May at the Private Equity Funds Conference
|Area||Corporate Finance and Securities, White Collar Risk Management and Investigations|
Friday, June 15, 2007
9:15am Will You Wind Up on Regulators' Radar Screens? Exploring Current and Anticipated Challenges Affecting Fund Formation a
Speaker: Neill May, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
What's on the Horizon for the U.S. and Canada?
- Understanding the new registration rules
- How will they impact private equity?
- What are the requirements for compliance?
- What is the current regulatory environment in Canada and the U.S.?
- Regulatory considerations affecting structuring
- Regulating fund managers - will regulation of investors follow?
- Investing in regulated industries: Tips and traps
- What is the Regulatory Future for Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds?
- Exploring U.S. developments: Should Canada follow?
- Could the convergence of private equity and hedge funds mean more regulation?
- Increasing regulation of short-selling, insider trading and more
Forming and Investing in Private Equity Funds
Thursday, June 14, 2007 to Friday, June 15, 2007
The Sutton Place Hotel , Toronto, ON, Canada
Complete conference details can be found on the event website.