Stephen Pincus at the The Canadian Institute’s 19th Annual Securities Superconference
|Area||Corporate Finance and Securities|
February 17 - 18, 2009
Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
11:30: SPACs are Here: Now What?
Speaker: Stephen Pincus, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- What are SPACs?
- For what types of transactions and clients are they appropriate?
- what size of deal?
- What benefits do they offer?
- How are they structured?
- What do you have to do to get one approved?
- What is the time limit, and what happens if it is not met?
- How much has to or should be put in trust?
- How are investment banking commissions structured?
- What can the SPAC do before it does the qualifying transaction?
- What could they mean to the Canadian IPO market?
- SPACs as a supplement to conventional equity and debt financing
- The first Canadian SPACs, if any, at the time of the conference
- SPACs as an M&A alternative