Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Andrew Schipper is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. He is developing his practice in corporate law, securities law, and mergers and acquisitions.
Andrew frequently represents public companies, acting on numerous public offerings, and advises on corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations. Andrew also regularly assists public and private companies in relation to merger and acquisition transactions and the formation of investment funds.
Andrew’s representative work includes acting for:
- the issuer in connection with numerous follow-on public offerings, including those by NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT and Park Lawn Corporation
- Berkshire Partners LLC as selling shareholder in connection with the follow-on public offering of shares of a portfolio company
- WildBrain Ltd. in connection with a public rights offering for proceeds of $60 million
- multiple early-stage companies in connection with formation and organization as well as seed financing rounds
- multiple private and public companies in connection with private placement transactions
Corporate Governance & Continuous Disclosure
- Multiple TSX and dual-listed companies in connection with the drafting of public disclosure documents, advising on corporate governance issues, drafting employee and executive compensation plans and related disclosure, and other corporate and securities matters
- a consortium led by Northern Private Capital, an investment firm led by John Risley and Andrew Lapham, in its $1 billion acquisition of MDA, Canada’s leading space company, from Maxar Technologies
- a U.S.-based direct-broadcast satellite provider in connection with the sale of satellite assets
- the shareholders of an aviation services company, in connection with the sale of the company to a U.S. private equity firm
- a private asset management company in connection with formation and closing of a $550 million fund with Canadian and European investors
- Revera Inc. in its joint venture partnership with Axium Infrastructure to share ownership of 32 of Revera’s long-term care homes in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia
PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT AND CHARITY WORK
Andrew serves on the board of directors of Camp Winston Foundation, a charitable organization offering camps and programs for children with neurobiological disorders.
|Education|| Queen's University, Faculty of Law (J.D., 2017)
University of King’s College (B.A., 2012)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||