Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Brad Ross is a partner in and co-head of a business law group at Goodmans. His practice is transaction based, involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Brad often represents issuers, private companies and underwriters, with a focus on both public and private equity sponsored companies executing on aggressive growth strategies. Brad also assists companies with their corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Brad is recognized as a leading lawyer in Canada by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Chambers and Partners, IFLR 1000 and The Legal 500 Canada.
Brad’s representative work includes acting for:
- The issuer on numerous initial public offerings, including those by Docebo Inc., Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., BSR REIT, Milestone Apartments REIT, Inovalis REIT, Northstar Healthcare Inc. and The Brick Group
- The issuer on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Canaccord Genuity Group Inc., Park Lawn Corporation, NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT, Milestone Apartments REIT and Gluskin Sheff & Associates Inc.
- The underwriters on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Brookfield Asset Management Inc., IBI Group Inc. and StorageVault Inc.
- Milestone Apartments REIT in connection with its going private transaction
- NorthWest International Healthcare Properties REIT in connection with its merger with Northwest Healthcare Properties REIT
- McCain Capital Partners Inc. on its acquisitions of Chair-man Mills Corp. and MacFarlands Event Rentals
- LifeWorks Corporation Ltd. on its acquisition by Morneau Shepell Inc.
- GTCR and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the acquisition by Vivid Seats LLC of FanXchange Limited and the acquisition of Global Traffic Network, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity Inc. and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the sale of MMM Group Limited, acquisitions by and the sale of Logibec Inc., acquisitions by and the sale of Golf Town Canada Inc. and acquisitions by Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp.
- Birch Hill Equity Partners on various private equity transactions, including acquisitions by and the sale of Bluewave Energy Partners LP.
Brad is an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, where he teaches Case Studies in Business Enterprises. In 2019, he received the Osgoode Hall Law School Adjunct Faculty Teaching Award in recognition of teaching excellence.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (LL.B. (With Distinction), 2003)
Mount Allison University (B.Comm., 2000)
Law Society of Ontario
Canadian Bar Association