Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Dave has a broad transactional-based practice involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and corporate governance. Dave advises public and private companies on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, capital raising and corporate reorganizations.
Dave’s practice has included advising:
- Coeur Mining, Inc. in connection with its $250 million acquisition of JDS Silver Holdings, Ltd., a Vancouver-based company which owns the Silvertip Mine in northern British Columbia.
- Coeur Mining, Inc. in connection with the sale of a portfolio of three royalties and one stream to Metalla Royalty & Streaming Limited.
- A newly-formed entity controlled by affiliates of the Aspen Skiing Company, LLC and KSL Capital Partners, LLC in an agreement to acquire Intrawest Resorts Holdings, Inc. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Intrawest stockholders will receive US$23.75 in cash for each share of Intrawest common stock, representing a total valuation of approximately US$1.5 billion.
- Mettrum Health Corp. in connection with the sale of all of its issued and outstanding shares to Canopy Growth Corporation by way of a plan of arrangement, whereby Mettrum shareholders received 0.7132 common shares of Canopy for each Mettrum common share held, representing a total transaction value of approximately $430 million.
- TimePlay Inc. in connection with its ongoing private placement of units consisting of preferred shares and warrants
- Ironshore Pharmaceuticals & Development, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Highland Therapeutics Inc., in in connection with its US$200 million private placement of senior secured notes.
- Rubicon Minerals Corporation in connection with its $45 million private placement of subscription receipts.
- Scotch & Soda BV in connection with its establishment of operations in Canada, which involved the purchase of related assets from Freemark Apparel Brands
- Rubicon Minerals Corporation in connection with its restructuring under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
In addition to transactional work, Dave also provides ongoing advice to clients on matters relating to continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance, legislative compliance and general corporate law.
Prior to joining Goodmans, Dave practiced corporate restructuring law at a leading international law firm. During this time he acted for debtors, creditors and court-appointed monitors in several of the largest recent Canadian restructuring transactions.
While attending law school, Dave was named to the Dean’s List and represented the faculty in several international negotiation and mediation competitions. Prior to law school, Dave attended the Schulich School of Business at York University, where he was a member of the varsity cross country and track and field teams.
|Education|| Schulich School of Business, York University (B.B.A., with distinction)
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law (J.D., 2012, cum laude)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||