Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David is a partner with over twenty years of deal experience in bank and asset-based lending, project finance, high-yield debt and restructurings with banking and finance components. David represents lenders, borrowers and sponsors on domestic, cross-border and international finance transactions.
David is recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of bank lending, project finance, asset-based lending and global mining by IFLR 1000, Best Lawyers in Canada, Who’s Who Legal and Lexpert. David has the highest possible rating (AV Preeminent) from Lexis-Nexis/Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability. He is also recognized as repeatedly recommended in banking and financial institutions by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory. David has written and spoken on debt finance topics in a variety of forums, including co-authoring and editing the Canada chapter of The Acquisition and Leveraged Finance Review and The Lending and Secured Financing Review.
- Bridging Finance Inc. in connection with a refinancing of a leading theme park ride manufacturer.
- IAM Private Debt in connection with a refining of term debt for Conifex Power
- IAM Private Debt in connection with a financing of the St. Elizabeth Retirement Community
- CE Mining in connection with a financing of Rambler Metals & Mining
- SkyPower Global in connection with a holdco financing in relation to its seven Ontario RESOP solar park projects.
- SkyPower Corp. in connection with its completion of 5 concurrent refinancings totalling USD$230 million by Nomura Securities International for its seven Ontario RESOP solar park projects
- Hub International in connection with its USD$5.06 billion cross-border refinancing from Morgan Stanley, including unsecured notes, a secured term loan and secured US and Canadian revolvers
- Conuma Resources in connection with its USD$250 million cross-border refinancing, comprised of a USD$200 Million 10% Senior Secured Notes Offering and a USD$25 Million credit facility from KeyBank, Goldman Sachs, Bank of Montreal, Jeffries Finance and Credit Suisse Canada
- CJF Capital Partners and SUSI partners in connection with cross-border, non-recourse third party project financings of two energy storage projects in Ontario totalling 12MW
- CEDA/OMERS in connection with its $125 million credit facilities with BNS.
- Hudson Resources in connection with a multi-lender project financing in Greenland.
- Mandalay Resources in connection with US$40 million HSBC credit facilities.
- Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd. in connection with the USD$355 million financing of Cauchari-Olaroz lithium project in Jujuy, Argentina.
- Canaccede Financial Group in connection with its US$75 million financing and $400 million debt portfolio purchase.
- Ridgeback Resources in connection with its $400 million senior credit facilities and US$40 million 2nd lien notes.
- OMERS/Golf Town/Golfsmith in connection with DIP credit facilities from Antares Capital.
- Eurasian Resources Group in connection with US$3.1 billion in credit facilities from VTB Bank.
- KKR and Jefferies Finance in connection with the US$700 million refinancing of Preferred Sands.
- Wells Fargo, MidCap Business Credit, Siena Lending, People’s Bank and Citizen’s Bank on various matters.
|Education|| Queen's University (B.A. (Honours), English Literature)
Osgoode Hall/Schulich School of Business (J.D./M.B.A.)
Law Society of Ontario