Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David is a partner with over twenty years of deal experience in bank and asset-based lending, project finance, high-yield debt and restructurings with banking and finance components. David represents lenders, borrowers and sponsors on domestic, cross-border and international finance transactions.
David is recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of bank lending, project finance, asset-based lending and global mining by IFLR 1000, Best Lawyers in Canada, Who’s Who Legal and Lexpert. David also has the highest possible rating (AV Preeminent) from Lexis-Nexis/Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability. David has written and spoken on debt finance topics in a variety of forums, including co-authoring and editing the Canada chapter of The Acquisition and Leveraged Finance Review and The Lending and Secured Financing Review.
- Bridging Finance Inc. in connection with a refinancing of a leading theme park ride manufacturer.
- IAM Private Debt in connection with a refining of term debt for Conifex Power
- IAM Private Debt in connection with a financing of the St. Elizabeth Retirement Community
- CE Mining in connection with a financing of Rambler Metals & Mining
- SkyPower Global in connection with a holdco financing in relation to its seven Ontario RESOP solar park projects.
- SkyPower Corp. in connection with its completion of 5 concurrent refinancings totalling USD$230 million by Nomura Securities International for its seven Ontario RESOP solar park projects
- Hub International in connection with its USD$5.06 billion cross-border refinancing from Morgan Stanley, including unsecured notes, a secured term loan and secured US and Canadian revolvers
- Conuma Resources in connection with its USD$250 million cross-border refinancing, comprised of a USD$200 Million 10% Senior Secured Notes Offering and a USD$25 Million credit facility from KeyBank, Goldman Sachs, Bank of Montreal, Jeffries Finance and Credit Suisse Canada
- CJF Capital Partners and SUSI partners in connection with cross-border, non-recourse third party project financings of two energy storage projects in Ontario totalling 12MW
- CEDA/OMERS in connection with its $125 million credit facilities with BNS.
- Hudson Resources in connection with a multi-lender project financing in Greenland.
- Mandalay Resources in connection with US$40 million HSBC credit facilities.
- Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd. in connection with the USD$355 million financing of Cauchari-Olaroz lithium project in Jujuy, Argentina.
- Canaccede Financial Group in connection with its US$75 million financing and $400 million debt portfolio purchase.
- Ridgeback Resources in connection with its $400 million senior credit facilities and US$40 million 2nd lien notes.
- OMERS/Golf Town/Golfsmith in connection with DIP credit facilities from Antares Capital.
- Eurasian Resources Group in connection with US$3.1 billion in credit facilities from VTB Bank.
- KKR and Jefferies Finance in connection with the US$700 million refinancing of Preferred Sands.
- Wells Fargo, MidCap Business Credit, Siena Lending, People’s Bank and Citizen’s Bank on various matters.
|Education|| Queen's University (B.A. (Honours), English Literature)
Osgoode Hall/Schulich School of Business (J.D./M.B.A.)
Law Society of Ontario