Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David Wiseman is a partner in a business law group and a longstanding member of the Opinions Committee and the Technology Committee at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction based with a particular emphasis on project financing, bank and asset-based lending, high-yield debt and restructurings with banking and finance components. David advises lenders, borrowers and sponsors on complex domestic, cross-border and international financings. David has deep knowledge of financing issues relevant to renewable energy, infrastructure and mining.
David’s representative work includes acting for:
- IAM Private Debt, as lead counsel, in connection with various infrastructure and corporate financings across Canada
- CE Mining in connection with a financing of Rambler Metals & Mining
- SkyPower Global in connection with a holdco financing in relation to its seven Ontario RESOP solar park projects and its completion of 5 concurrent refinancings totalling USD$230 million by Nomura Securities International for these projects
- Hub International in connection with its USD$5.06 billion cross-border refinancing from Morgan Stanley
- Conuma Resources in connection with its USD$250 million cross-border refinancing, comprised of a USD$200 Million 10% Senior Secured Notes Offering and a USD$25 Million credit facility
- CJF Capital Partners and SUSI partners in connection with cross-border, non-recourse third party project financings of two energy storage projects in Ontario totalling 12MW
- CEDA/OMERS in connection with its $125 million credit facilities with Bank of Nova Scotia
- Hudson Resources in connection with a multi-lender project financing in Greenland
- Mandalay Resources in connection with US$40 million HSBC credit facilities
- Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd. in connection with the USD$355 million financing of Cauchari-Olaroz lithium project in Jujuy, Argentina
- Canaccede Financial Group in connection with its US$75 million financing and several distressed debt portfolio acquisitions from Canadian banks
- Ridgeback Resources in connection with its $400 million senior credit facilities and US$40 million 2nd lien notes
- OMERS/Golf Town/Golfsmith in connection with DIP credit facilities from Antares Capital
- Eurasian Resources Group in connection with US$3.1 billion in credit facilities from VTB Bank
- KKR and Jefferies Finance in connection with the US$700 million refinancing of Preferred Sands
- Wells Fargo, PNC Bank, MidCap Business Credit, Sienna Lending, People’s Bank, Provident Bank and Citizen’s Bank on various ABL/commercial finance transactions
- various leading international and US law firms on cross-border financings
David is recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of bank lending, project finance, asset-based lending and global mining by IFLR 1000, Best Lawyers in Canada, Who’s Who Legal and Lexpert. David also has the highest possible rating (AV Preeminent) from Lexis-Nexis/Martindale-Hubbell for ethical standards and legal ability.
PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT AND CHARITY WORK
David has written and spoken on debt finance topics in a variety of forums, including co-authoring and editing the Canada chapter of The Acquisition and Leveraged Finance Review and The Lending and Secured Financing Review. David previously was a member of the Board of Directors of the Boulevard Club and a member of the Capital Projects Committee that provided input and guidance on the design and construction of the Club’s West Wing rebuild. David supports a number of charities, including Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and Women’s Shelters Canada.
|Education|| Queen's University (B.A., Honours, English Literature)
Osgoode Hall/Schulich School of Business (J.D./M.B.A.)
Law Society of Ontario