Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Emily Ting is a partner at Goodmans. She practices in the areas of corporate law and securities law. Emily acts for both public and private companies and has worked on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, take-over bids, public offerings, debt and equity financings, bank financings, private placements and corporate reorganizations.
Emily’s recent transactional experience includes representation of:
- Nuvo Research in connection with its reorganization into two separate TSX-listed companies, Nuvo Pharmaceuticals and Crescita Therapeutics
- BCE Inc. in connection with its privatization of Bell Alliant Inc.
- Vicwest Inc. in connection with the sale of its building products division to Kingspan Group plc and agricultural products division to AG Growth International Inc.
- MCAN Mortgage Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Xceed Mortgage Corporation
- Siemens Canada in connection with its approximately $440 million take-over of RuggedCom Inc.
- Hawthorne Partners in connection with the sale of Navantis Inc. to Datavail Corporation
- Birch Hill Equity Partners in connection with its sale of Carson-Dellosa Publishing to Guardian Capital
- Assurant Services Canada in connection with its acquisition of Coast to Coast Dealer Services Inc.
- Altus Group Limited in connection with its acquisition of Maltais Geomatics Inc.
- The underwriters and agents in connection with various public offerings by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and its affiliates, including Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P., Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P., Brookfield Office Properties Inc. and Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
- The underwriters and agents in connection with various public offerings by H&R Real Estate Investment Trust
- MCAN Mortgage Corporation in connection with a rights offering
- CI Financial Corp. in connection with the secondary offering by The Bank of Nova Scotia of common shares for gross proceeds of approximately $2.616 billion
- Altus Group Limited in connection with various public offerings, including $48 million principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures and 3,050,000 common shares for gross proceeds of $40 million
- Atlantic Power Corporation in connection with various public offerings, including US$130 million principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures and $100 million extendible convertible unsecured subordinated debentures
- Atlantic Power Corporation in connection with a substantial issuer bid
- BMO Capital Markets in connection with the acquisition financing of the $1.1 billion acquisition of Q9 Networks by an investor group comprised of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, BCE Inc., Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners LLC
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in connection with its US$1.1 billion credit facilities with a syndicate of lenders led by Citibank, N.A.
- Atlantic Power Corporation in connection with the financing of its $1.1 billion acquisition of Capital Power Income L.P. and in its high yield note offering of US$460 million and its US$300 million amended and restated credit facility
- Canaccord Financial Inc. in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Collins Stewart Hawkpoint
In addition to transactional work, Emily provides ongoing advice to a number of Goodmans’ clients on matters relating to continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance, legislative compliance and general corporate law. A portion of Emily’s practice also focuses on the hotel and leisure industry, including representation of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in its transactions involving its participation in, and operation and management of, hotels and resorts throughout the world.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2010)
McGill University (B.A. (With Distinction), 2006)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||