Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Gail Jaffe is Counsel in a business law group at Goodmans. Her practice is transaction based, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, private equity transactions, real estate portfolio transactions, internal corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, public/private partnership projects and general commercial transactions for domestic, cross-border and international transactions for public and private company clients.
In addition to providing ongoing and transaction-specific advice to organizations, she has played an integral role in a diverse range of transactions involving seniors living assets.
Gail also assists companies with Competition Act filings and Investment Canada Act filings which are ancillary to the transaction.
Gail’s representative work includes:
- Revera Inc.’s joint venture partnership with Axium Infrastructure to share ownership of 32 of Revera’s long-term care homes in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia
- Sienna Senior Living Inc.’s acquisition from BayBridge Seniors Housing of a seniors housing portfolio in British Columbia and a 50% interest in the manager and operator of the acquired seniors housing assets
- Welltower Inc. and Revera Inc.’s $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc.
- HealthLease Properties REIT’s acquisition by Health Care REIT, Inc. for C$1 billion
- Health Care REIT, Inc. and Revera Inc.’s US$2 billion joint venture resulting in shared ownership of 70+ Canadian retirement residences previously owned by Revera
- Financial close of the 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games Athletes’ Village Project
- Restructuring of the broadcasting business of CanWest Global Communications Corp.
- $32 billion restructuring of Canadian Third-Party Structured ABCP
|Education|| University College London (LL.B.)
McGill University (B.C.L.)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||