Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Gail’s background in Law and Business includes practising in Toronto and Montreal (as a lawyer in private practice and as Counsel) and in London, England (as a Barrister). She has also worked at Bain and Company in Strategic Management Consulting.
As a corporate and commercial lawyer, Gail’s practice focuses on domestic, cross-border and international transactions for public and private company clients in Canada, the U.S., Mexico and Europe. Gail has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, private equity transactions, real estate portfolio transactions, internal corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, public/private partnership projects and general commercial transactions.
As a competition lawyer, Gail has made merger notification filings to the Competition Bureau in Canada and has coordinated local anti-trust counsel in the U.S., Europe, Mexico and Turkey in connection with multinational transactions. Gail has been a contributing member of the Merger Notification and Procedures Working Group of the International Competition Network.
- Retirement residences portfolio joint venture between Health Care REIT and Revera
- Portfolio acquisition by Leisureworld Senior Care Corporation
- Restructuring of Sino-Forest Corporation
- Acquisition of White Birch Paper by Black Diamond Capital Management
- Business combination between Golf Town and Golfsmith
- Acquisition of Maestro portfolio by Health Care REIT and Chartwell
- Financial close of the 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games Athletes’ Village Project
- Acquisition by Dish Networks of assets of Terrestar Networks
- Purchase of Slate/Blackstone office portfolio by Dundee REIT
- Restructuring of broadcasting business of CanWest Global Communications Corp.
- Restructuring of Frontera Copper Corporation
- Acquisition by Newmont Mining of Fronteer Gold
- Recapitalization and acquisition of Allen-Vanguard by Versa Capital Management
- $32 billion restructuring of Canadian Third-Party Structured ABCP
- Refinancing of Abitibi-Consolidated Inc.
|Education|| University College London (LL.B)
McGill University (B.C.L.)
|Year of Call||