Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jamie’s practice focuses on advising emerging companies in connection with venture financings, M&A, and corporate and commercial law matters, with a main focus on technology companies. Within technology, Jamie is active in the enterprise software and e-sports space.
He acts for startups as well as established private and public companies in a wide range of industries, including information technology, media, hospitality, manufacturing and industrial, retail and natural resources.
Some of Jamie’s recent work includes acting for:
- The Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative in connection with all transactional and commercial matters.
- Management of Firmex in connection with its recent sale.
- OverActive Media in connection with its acquisition of the Toronto Slot of the Overwatch League from Activision Blizzard, and a slot in the European League of Legends Championship Series from Riot Games.
- E-learning software company Docebo in connection with Series B financing round.
- Panasonic Canada in connection with acquisitions.
- The Harlo Group in connection with real estate transactions and various venture financings.
- Whitecap Ventures in connection with portfolio investments.
- Ripple Ventures in connection with the formation of its fund and portfolio investments.
- Resolver, a governance, risk management and compliance software company in connection with Series A financing round and ongoing tuck in acquisitions.
- Several search funds in connection with their qualifying transactions.
Jamie is a member of the Goodmans team, acting as “legal counsel in residence” at the DMZ at Ryerson University, one of Canada’s largest business incubators for emerging tech startups.
Before joining Goodmans, Jamie was a partner at another large Canadian firm, practicing private equity and corporate law with a strong focus within the technology sector.
|Education|| University of Windsor (LL.B., 2006)
University of Western Ontario (B.A. (Psychology), 2003)
Canadian Bar Association
|Year of Call||