Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jamie Firsten is a partner at Goodmans. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial law. He is also involved in private equity, venture financing, and merger and acquisition transactions involving both public and private companies. He advises clients in a wide range of industries including information technology, media, hospitality, manufacturing and industrial, retail and natural resources.
Jamie has experience working with clients on the incorporation, organization and financing of companies, and in drafting shareholder, partnership, and joint venture agreements as well as a variety of commercial agreements.
Some of the transactions where Jamie has been involved include representing:
- Firmex Inc. in connection with its sale to Novacap
- Xtreme Labs in its acquisition by GoPivotal Inc.
- Klass Capital in its investment in Method, the number one-rated CRM application
- Klass Capital in its financing of 360incentives.com
- E-learning software company Docebo in connection with Series B financing round
- Resolver, a governance, risk management and compliance software company in connection with Series A financing round
- Technology search fund in connection with acquisition of human resource software company, Avanti
Before joining Goodmans, Jamie was a partner at another large Canadian firm, practicing private equity and corporate law with a strong focus within the technology sector.
|Education|| University of Windsor (LL.B., 2006)
University of Western Ontario (B.A. (Psychology), 2003)
Canadian Bar Association
|Year of Call||