Jamie van Diepen
Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jamie van Diepen is a partner at Goodmans. He has a transactional-based practice involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Jamie routinely acts for public companies, private companies and private equity firms on a broad range of merger and acquisition transactions, including cross border transactions, take-over bids (including hostile take-over bids), arrangements, going private transactions, platform acquisitions, “tuck-in” acquisitions and divestitures. In addition, Jamie frequently advises clients on contested governance matters (including proxy contests).
Jamie’s recent transactional experience includes representing:
- Searchlight Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation, a global market leader in business communications, in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2 billion.
- Student Transportation Inc. and its Special Committee in connection with its US$1.1 billion acquisition by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ullico Inc.
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. in connection with its US$462 million initial public offering on the NYSE and the TSX, making it the largest technology company (by initial market capitalization) to ever IPO in Canada and giving it an implied valuation of US$3 billion.
- Spectra Energy Corp in its stock-for-stock merger transaction with Enbridge Inc. for approximately $37 billion.
- InterOil Corporation in connection with its US$2.5 billion acquisition by Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- Selling shareholders of a Canadian retail brand in connection with its initial public offering on the TSX.
- The Special Committee of Shaw Communications Inc. in connection with the sale by Shaw Communications Inc. of 100% of its wholly-owned broadcasting subsidiary, Shaw Media Inc., to Corus Entertainment Inc. for $2.65 billion.
- OMERS Private Equity in connection with the sale of healthcare IT firm Logibec Inc. to US private equity firm GI Partners.
- MMM Group Limited in connection with its $425 million acquisition by WSP Global Inc. by plan of arrangement.
- Sunshine Kaidi New Energy Group Co., Ltd. in connection with its $147 million take-over of Alter NRG Corp.
- CanWel Building Materials Group Ltd. in connection with its acquisition of Jemi Fibre Corp. and concurrent $20 million bought deal private placement of subscription receipts.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2010)
Queen's University (B.Cmp. (Honours, Software Design), 2007)