Jamie van Diepen
Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jamie van Diepen is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans. He has a transactional-based practice involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Jamie routinely acts for public companies, private companies and private equity firms on a broad range of merger and acquisition transactions, including cross-border transactions, take-over bids, plans of arrangement, going private transactions and divestitures. In addition, Jamie frequently advises clients on contested governance matters, including proxy contests.
Jamie’s recent transactional experience includes representing:
- the Special Committee of Kinder Morgan Canada in connection with Pembina Pipeline’s agreement to acquire Kinder Morgan Canada and the Cochin Pipeline for $4.35 billion
- Onex Corporation in its agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN$5 billion
- a fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with its sale of the Halterm Container Terminal, the largest container terminal in Eastern Canada, to Singapore-based PSA International Pte Ltd.
- Integrated Asset Management Corp. in its sale to Fiera Capital Corporation for total consideration of approximately $74 million.
- a fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with its sale of Penn Terminals.
- the Special Committee of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. in its $432 million going-private transaction by a group of investors led by certain members of its management and including Fairfax Financial Holdings and Point North Capital
- Altria Group in its $2.4 billion investment in Cronos Group
- Searchlight Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation, a global market leader in business communications, in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2 billion
- Student Transportation Inc. and its Special Committee in connection with its US$1.1 billion acquisition by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ullico Inc.
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. in connection with its US$462 million initial public offering on the NYSE and the TSX, making it the largest technology company (by initial market capitalization) to ever IPO in Canada and giving it an implied valuation of US$3 billion
- Spectra Energy Corp in its stock-for-stock merger transaction with Enbridge Inc. for approximately $37 billion
- InterOil Corporation in connection with its US$2.5 billion acquisition by Exxon Mobil Corporation
- selling shareholders of a Canadian retail brand in connection with its initial public offering on the TSX
- the Special Committee of Shaw Communications Inc. in connection with the sale by Shaw Communications Inc. of 100% of its wholly-owned broadcasting subsidiary, Shaw Media Inc., to Corus Entertainment Inc. for $2.65 billion
- BCE Inc. in connection with its privatization of Bell Aliant Inc.
- CHS Capital and WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems in connection with the acquisition of WASH by an investment fund managed by EQT Partners Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in connection with the sale of healthcare IT firm Logibec Inc. to US private equity firm GI Partners
- MMM Group Limited in connection with its $425 million acquisition by WSP Global Inc. by plan of arrangement
- WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems in connection with its acquisition of Coinamatic Canada Inc., Canada’s largest multi-family laundry services company
- Sunshine Kaidi New Energy Group Co., Ltd. in connection with its $147 million take-over of Alter NRG Corp.
- CanWel Building Materials Group Ltd. in connection with its acquisition of Jemi Fibre Corp. and concurrent $20 million bought deal private placement of subscription receipts
- the Scanlan family in connection with their privatization of Arbor Memorial Inc., Canada’s largest publicly traded funeral home owner and operator
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2010)
Queen's University (B.Cmp. (Honours, Software Design), 2007)
Law Society of Ontario