Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jeff Shore is a partner at Goodmans. His practice focuses on commercial real estate law, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, property development and commercial leasing. Acting for both borrowers and lenders, Jeff also has extensive experience with financing transactions, including land development and construction loans, acquisition facilities, operating facilities, mezzanine financings, long-term financings and commercial mortgage backed securities transactions.
- Ontario Power Generation Inc. in the March, 2018 sale of the Lakeview Site in Mississauga to a consortium of builders for approximately $275 million.
- Menkes Developments and the joint venture in the June, 2016 acquisition and financing of the LCBO Head Office Lands in Toronto for $260 million.
- Menkes Developments and the joint venture in connection with various joint venture, development, leasing and financing matters concerning the One York Street development, a 35-storey office tower and 62 and 66-storey residential condominium towers at 1 York and 90 Harbour Street, Toronto.
- Extensively involved as part of the legal team for the private sector development of the 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games Athletes’ Village project.
- The Bank of Nova Scotia in connection with the 2012 disposition of the Scotia Plaza complex in Toronto, including the main tower at 40 King Street West and the historic bank building at 44 King Street West, to Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust and H&R Real Estate Investment Trust for a purchase price of $1.266 billion.
- Brookfield Office Properties Canada LP in connection with various projects, including the development and financing of the Bay Adelaide Centre site.
- Tricon Capital Group in connection with (1) the provision of equity and mezzanine capital for various condominium and development projects in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia, including 5 St. Joseph Street, Toronto and 197 Yonge Street, Toronto, and (2) the acquisition, development and/or financing of their Tricon Luxury Residences vertical in Toronto, including The Selby at 592 Sherbourne Street, Toronto and 57 Spadina Avenue, Toronto.
Jeff is a guest lecturer at the Schulich School of Business’ Masters of Real Estate and Infrastructure Program. He has presented a number of papers at conferences hosted by Federated Press and The Law Society of Upper Canada. Additionally, in 2008 Jeff co-authored a chapter in LexisNexis' Canadian Forms & Precedents, Banking and Finance.
Jeff was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada for his work in commercial leasing law and real estate law. Jeff is repeatedly recommended for property development law by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and is peer review recognized as notable for his real estate law practice by Martindale-Hubbell.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D. (Gold Medalist), 1996)
York University (B.A. (Economics), 1993)
|Year of Call||