Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Justine is an associate in Goodmans’ Competition, Antitrust & Foreign Investment group.
She advises on all aspects of competition law, including domestic and multinational mergers and acquisitions, e-discovery/SIRs, abuse of dominance and other reviewable practices, criminal and civil investigations, and compliance matters. She also provides advice on foreign investment review under the Investment Canada Act.
Justine’s recent experience includes advising:
- Essilor International S.A. in connection with its €46-billion combination with Luxottica Group S.p.A.
- Bass Pro Group in connection with its US$5.5-billion acquisition of Cabela's
- GE in connection with the merger of its Oil & Gas business with Baker Hughes to create a combined company with appx. $23 billion in annual revenue
- Syngenta AG in Canada in connection with its US$43-billion indirect acquisition by an affiliate of ChemChina
- Linamar Corporation in connection with its C$1.2 billion acquisition of the MacDon Group of Companies
- Canadian client in defence of criminal and civil class action allegations of price fixing
While attending law school, Justine was awarded the Law Society of Upper Canada Award for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Studies, Osgoode Society Prize for Canadian Legal History, Interdisciplinary Research Laboratory on the Rights of the Child Essay Prize, and the McMillan Scholarship.
Prior to joining Goodmans, Justine worked as an associate in the Competition, Antitrust & Foreign Investment group of a national law firm. Justine is a member of the Ontario Bar Association, American Bar Association, Women and the Law Mentorship Program, Women's Law Association of Ontario (WLAO) and current Vice-Chair of the Canadian Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Executive Committee.
|Education|| University of Ottawa (J.D. (cum laude), 2014)
University of Toronto (B.A. (High Distinction), 2011)
Ontario Bar Association
|Year of Call||