Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Kirk is a partner at Goodmans practicing in the areas of corporate and securities law with a particular focus on cross-border M&A transactions. He advises public, private and multinational companies and their investors on domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures, going private transactions as well as public and private debt and equity financings and corporate governance matters. Kirk is also a member of the firm’s Technology Group and has advised clients on corporate finance and M&A transactions involving early and later stage technology companies.
Kirk advises clients from various jurisdictions and across various industries. His clients have included:
- A U.S. manufacturer of vehicle parts in connection with its acquisition of a Canadian manufacturer with operations in Canada, the U.S. and other parts of the world.
- A leading North American provider of SaaS-based customer engagement software in connection with its sale to a U.S. private equity firm.
- A leading North American and European water, coffee, tea, extract and filtration solution service provider in connection with its acquisition of a Canadian bottled water company from a Canadian private equity firm and secondary share offering.
- A Canadian manufacturer of baked goods with a significant Canadian pension fund shareholder in connection with its sale to a U.S. private equity firm.
- A Netherlands-based fashion company in connection with an M&A transaction to establish its wholesale and retail operations across Canada.
- A leading Canadian independent, financial services firm in in connection with its acquisition of U.K. wealth management firms.
- A U.S.-based company operating North America’s largest marketing/buying group for construction and industrial supplies in connection with the expansion of its business in Canada.
- A Canadian developer of advanced microsystems in connection with its Series A preferred share private placement involving Canadian and U.S. venture capital firms.
- A Canadian REIT with a portfolio of U.S. industrial properties in connection with its initial public offering and subsequent follow-on offerings to finance acquisitions.
From 2008-2009, Kirk served as Corporate Counsel for a leading Canadian financial services company advising on corporate and securities law matters and M&A transactions.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B., 2004)
Simon Fraser University (BBA, 2000)
Canadian Bar Association
|Year of Call||