Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Laura Magisano is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. She is developing her practice in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and securities law.
Upon graduating from law school, Laura was awarded the Bruce Leonard Prize in Insolvency Studies and was recognized for outstanding academic performance, graduating within the top 10% of the class.
Laura first joined Goodmans as a summer student in 2014.
Laura’s representative work includes acting for:
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. in its initial public offering of 24,150,000 shares at price of US$22.00 per share for gross proceeds of US$631,300,000
- Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited, a joint venture established between Larry Tanenbaum O.C., and Junior Bridgeman, in its acquisition of Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company from Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc.
- Revera Inc. in the completion of a joint venure transaction with Axium Infrastructure Inc. to share ownership of 32 of Revera Inc.’s long-term care homes in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia
- HUB International Limited and certain of its affiliates in various acquisitions, including the acquisition of The Benefits Company, Inc., Pointbreak Consulting Group Ltd. and Anderson McTague & Associates Ltd
- issuers on follow-on public offerings, including those by Park Lawn Corporation and Cott Corporation
PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT AND PRO BONO
While attending law school, Laura was an intern with the Pro Bono Students Canada- McCarthy Tétrault Public Interest program and was an executive with the Business Law Society.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., 2016)
Richard Ivey School of Business (H.B.A., with Distinction, 2013)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||