Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Matt Rossetti is an associate at Goodmans. He practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, employment and labour, and sports law. Matt’s recent experience includes representation of:
- Coeur Mining, Inc., in its US$250 million acquisition of the Silvertip Mine in northern B.C. from JDS Silver Holdings, Ltd.
- Sienna Senior Living Inc., in its $255 million acquisition of eight seniors living residences from Baybridge Seniors Living Partnership and Baltic Properties.
- Spectra Energy Corp., in its $300 million bought deal offering by one of its portfolio companies, Westcoast Energy Inc.
- Ridgeback Resources Inc., in its $400 million senior credit facilities and $40 million second lien note offering.
- Park Lawn Corporation, in its $190 million bought deal offering of subscription receipts.
- Plaza Retail REIT, in its $47.25 million bought deal offering of convertible debentures.
- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, on various commercial matters relating to its sports properties, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC and Toronto Argonauts.
- The Kilmer Group, in its sale of the Toronto Argonauts Football Club to Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment.
Matt has also developed a commercial employment law practice in which he assists both public and private clients with all employment aspects of purchase and sale transactions, including employment related diligence, and employment-related issues in asset purchase agreements, share purchase agreements and employment agreements. Matt also advises clients on a broad range of human resources and employment standards issues, including drafting employment policies for employers, advising employers and executives on employment agreements, disability issues, human rights issues, wrongful dismissals and severance arrangements.
While completing his J.D. at the University of Windsor, Matt was awarded the Franco Pizzimenti Sr. Memorial Scholarship for outstanding work ethic and community service and was a national finalist in the Hockey Arbitration Competition of Canada. Prior to law school, Matt attended the University of Guelph, where he was a team captain on the varsity football team, was named a CIS Academic All-Canadian and was subsequently inducted into the University of Guelph football 2000s “team of the decade”.
Matt enjoys analysing the various legal aspects and issues surrounding professional sports leagues, players and teams, and regularly tweets about sports law-related topics.
Matt joined the firm as a summer student in 2013, articled at the firm in 2014-2015, and returned as an associate in 2015.
|Education|| University of Windsor (J.D., 2014)
University of Guelph (B.A. (Honours), 2010)
Law Society of Upper Canada
|Year of Call||