Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Ryan Baulke is an associate in the Corporate Restructuring Group at Goodmans. He practices in the area of corporate and commercial law, with a focus on corporate restructurings, recapitalizations and related transactions.
Ryan has been involved in a variety of commercial, insolvency and restructuring matters, including receiverships, bankruptcies and CBCA and CCAA restructurings and out of court recapitalizations. His roles include acting as counsel for the debtor, receiver, trustee, monitor, shareholders and noteholders. Ryan has acted for key parties in a number of recent restructurings, including:
- The Ad Hoc Committee of Secured Noteholders in connection with the CCAA credit bid transaction involving Lightstream Resources.
- The Ad Hoc Committee of Term Lenders in connection with the CCAA restructuring of Performance Sports Group.
- The Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders in connection with the CCAA restructuring of Pacific Exploration and Production Corp.
- The Court appointed monitor in the ongoing CCAA proceedings of Nortel Networks.
- The Court appointed monitor in the CCAA proceedings of Comark.
- Plasco Energy Group, in connection with its restructuring and corporate reorganization.
- The Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders in connection with the CBCA recapitalization of Connacher Oil & Gas.
Ryan received the Insolvency Institute of Canada Law Student Writing Award for a paper he co-authored on the treatment of third-party indemnity claims during insolvency proceedings. At the University of Western Ontario, Ryan received the Arthur T. Little Gold Medal for graduating with the highest cumulative average while at law school.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (J.D. (Gold Medalist), 2013)
Richard Ivey School of Business (H.B.A. (with Distinction), 2013)
Law Society of Upper Canada
|Year of Call||