Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Sophie Langlois is an associate at Goodmans. She has a multidisciplinary practice in the areas of corporate law and regulatory matters, with a particular focus on environmental and aboriginal law.
In addition to general corporate and transactional matters, her practice is focused on environmental and aboriginal law, including corporate compliance and due diligence. She has experience reviewing compliance with project-related environmental and regulatory regimes and on matters related to Aboriginal law, including consultation and accommodation matters.
Before joining Goodmans, Sophie worked as a corporate governance analyst at the Clarkson Centre for Board Effectiveness and completed a placement at Ontario Power Generation which focused on environmental regulation on and off reserves, impact benefit agreements with Indigenous communities and the duty to consult. She also served as Assistant National Researcher for Transparency International Canada’s Mining for Sustainable Development Report which focused on the approval process for mine closure plans in Ontario.
Sophie serves as a director for Corporate Knights Inc. and is a member of the Ontario Bar Association’s Environmental Law, Aboriginal Law and Natural Resources and Energy Law sections.
Select Recent Representative Transactions
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its acquisition from NovaGold Resources of a 50% interest in the Galore Creek Project joint venture with Teck Resources
- HudBay Minerals Inc. in connection with a plan of arrangement to acquire Mason Resources Corp.
- Coeur Mining, Inc. in connection with a plan of arrangement to acquire Northern Empire Resources
- Environmental and aboriginal law related diligence for a foreign investment company in connection with a bid for the purchase of certain stream agreements in relation to a large Canadian mine
- A Canadian energy company in connection with its acquisition of three ground mount solar projects and related FIT contracts
- A leading North American and European water, coffee, tea, extract and filtration solution service provider in connection with its acquisition of a Canadian bottled water company
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., 2016)
Europa-Institut, Saarland University (LL.M. in International Dispute Resolution and Foreign Trade and Investment, 2013)
University of Toronto (Hons. B.A., with distinction, 2011)
|Year of Call||