Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tom Spelt is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. He is developing his practice in corporate law, securities law, and mergers and acquisitions.
Tom frequently represents public companies, acting on public offerings as well as advising on corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations. He also represents companies involved in contested shareholder matters, and has acted for both dissident shareholders and boards of directors. Tom also regularly assists public and private companies in relation to merger and acquisition transactions.
Before joining Goodmans, Tom worked in the Legislation, Ethics and Compliance Department of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia.
While attending law school, Tom was named to the Dean’s List and was awarded the Queen’s University Entrance Scholarship in Law and the Queen’s Law Prize in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Tom’s representative work includes acting for:
Corporate Governance & Continuous Disclosure
- Multiple TSX and dual-listed companies in connection with the drafting of public disclosure documents, advising on corporate governance issues, and other corporate and securities matters
- McCain Capital Partners Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Chair-man Mills Corp.
- Street Capital Group Inc. in connection with its proposed sale to RFA Capital Inc.
- Newmont Goldcorp Corporation in its private placement with Irving Resources Inc.
- the issuer in connection with various follow-on public offerings
|Education|| Queen's University, Faculty of Law (J.D., 2017)
University of Toronto (Honours B.A., with High Distinction, in Economic History, History, and French, 2013)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||