"80 Goodmans lawyers ranked as top-tier in 31 areas of law." - Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Goodmans Deals & Cases

This section contains brief summaries of selected significant cases and transactions.  You'll also find representative lists  - by year - of major transactions and cases where Goodmans' involvement is a matter of public record or where inclusion in the list has been authorized by our clients.

Sale of Majority Interest in Keg Restaurants Ltd. to Fairfax Financial

2014

Areas Commercial Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity

Summary

Goodmans represented Keg Restaurants Ltd. ("KRL") and Mr. David Aisenstat in connection with the announcement by The Keg Royalties Income Fund and KRL of the completion of the sale of a 51% interest in KRL from Mr. Aisenstat to Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited.  Mr. Aisenstat will continue to hold the remaining 49% interest in KRL and he, along with the rest of the current KRL management team, will remain in operational control of The Keg.

With approximately 9,500 employees, over 100 restaurants and system sales of approximately $500 million, Vancouver-based KRL is the leading operator and franchisor of steakhouse restaurants in Canada and has a substantial presence in select regional markets in the United States.