Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David Nadler is a partner in the Banking and Finance Law Group and Hospitality Law Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on financing and corporate transactions. David is recognized as a leading banking lawyer by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in Canada and IFLR 1000. He has also been recognized for banking by Chambers Global.
David has consistently represented The Toronto-Dominion Bank, other financial institutions and debtors in complex domestic and cross-border syndicated lending transactions. He has also been involved in several debt restructurings representing both creditors and debtors. Recent lending transactions include representation of:
- APLP Holdings Limited Partnership, a subsidiary of Atlantic Power Corporation in its establishment of $900 million in new senior secured credit facilities
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the provision of an amended $450 million acquisition and operating credit facility to Canadian Apartment Properties REIT to fund, among other things, the purchase of a Montreal apartment portfolio from F.D.L. group
- The Royal Bank of Canada in connection with the provision of a $255 million amended and expanded credit facility to Cologix Inc.
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. in connection with its formation of a joint venture with Dream Unlimited Corp. to develop its portfolio of surplus real estate
- FAM REIT in connection with the establishment of a revolving credit facility provided by The Toronto-Dominion Bank
- BMO Capital Markets Corp. in connection with the acquisition financing of the $1.1 billion acquisition of Q9 Networks by an investor group comprised of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, BCE Inc., Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners LLC
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the refinancing of certain mortgages and the establishment of a credit facility provided to Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc.
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts’ US$750 million financing with a syndicate of lenders led by Citibank, N.A.
- Cinram International Income Fund in connection with its US$337 million refinancing and recapitalization
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the financing for RBJ Schlegel Holding Inc.’s $136 million acquisition of The Homewood Corporation
- Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC in connection with the cross-border financing of its US$915 million acquisition of Bway Holding Company
- Canadian counsel to Phillips Van-Heusen in connection with the financing of its $3 billion acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger B.V.
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in Canada as the administrative agent with regard to the senior credit facilities in connection with ABRY Partners, LLC’s indirect acquisition of Q9 Networks Inc. for approximately $355 million
David has represented Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in its transactions involving its participation in, and operation and management of, hotels and resorts throughout the world, including in India, China, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Japan, Morocco, Israel and Egypt.
David has co-authored a number of articles in the area of banking and finance and most recently, he co–authored the Canada chapter of the first edition of Law Business Research Ltd.’s “The Acquisition and Leveraged Finance Review” published in September 2014.
David joined Goodmans as a summer student in 1990 and has been a partner since 1999.
|Education|| University of Toronto (LL.B., 1991)
McGill University (B.A., 1988)
|Year of Call||