Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Karen is an associate in the business law group at Goodmans.
Her practice focuses on corporate law and banking and finance law, including a range of domestic and cross-border financing and corporate transactions, acting for both creditors and debtors. Karen has significant experience with corporate and financing transactions involving health care assets. Karen is a member of the firm’s Aging & Healthcare division.
Karen’s representative work includes acting for:
- Onex Corporation in connection with the financing of its acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN $5 billion
- Revera Inc. in its joint venture partnership with Axium Infrastructure to share ownership of 32 of Revera’s long term care homes in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia
- Sienna Senior Living Inc. in its acquisition of retirement residences for $382 million
- Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in connection with the company’s restructuring under the CCAA and ancillary proceedings in Colombia and the United States
- Welltower Inc. and Revera Inc. in their $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc. and in connection with their US$2 billion joint venture resulting in shared ownership of 70+ Canadian retirement residences previously owned by Revera Inc.
- Gramercy Funds Management LLC in connection with $90 million gold forward sale transactions and gold streaming transaction with Banro Corporation
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. in connection with its formation of a joint venture with Toronto-based real estate company, Dream Unlimited Corp. to develop its portfolio of surplus real estate valued at $1 billion
- Atlantic Power Corporation in connection with the financing of Atlantic Power’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Capital Power Income L.P.
Karen is a Co-chair of SenBridge NEXT by SenbridGe, Goodmans platform for educational, networking and publication offerings related to the seniors living and healthcare industries.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall/Schulich School of Business (J.D./MBA, 2011)
McGill University (B.A., 2007)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||