Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Karen Vadasz is an associate at Goodmans practicing in the areas of corporate law and banking and finance law. Her practice is focused on a range of domestic and cross-border financing and corporate transactions acting for both creditors and debtors. Karen also has significant experience with corporate transactions involving health care assets.
- Revera Inc. in its joint venture partnership with Axium Infrastructure to share ownership of 32 of Revera’s long term care homes in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia
- Sienna Senior Living Inc. in its acquisition of 10 high-quality Ontario retirement residences for $382 million and $184 million common share offering
- Ad Hoc Committee of Noteholders of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation in connection with the company’s restructuring under the CCAA and ancillary proceedings in Colombia and the United States
- Sienna Senior Living Inc. in its acquisition from BayBridge Seniors Housing of a seniors housing portfolio in British Columbia and a 50% interest in the manager and operator of the acquired seniors housing assets
- Welltower Inc. and Revera Inc. in their $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc.
- Represented Health Care REIT (now Welltower) and Revera Inc. in its $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc.
- Represented Health Care REIT Inc. and Revera Inc. in connection with their US$2 billion joint venture resulting in shared ownership of 70+ Canadian retirement residences previously owned by Revera
- Represented Gramercy Funds Management LLC in connection with $90 million gold forward sale transactions and gold streaming transaction with Banro Corporation
- Represented Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. in connection with its formation of a joint venture with Toronto-based real estate company, Dream Unlimited Corp. to develop its portfolio of surplus real estate valued at $1 billion
- Represented Atlantic Power Corporation in connection with the financing of Atlantic Power’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Capital Power Income L.P.
- Represented Northwest Healthcare REIT in connection with its revolving term credit facilities provided by a Canadian lending syndicate and subsequent bridge financings
- Represented OMERS Private Equity Inc. in connection with the financing of its portfolio company Golf Town Canada Inc. by GE Capital
- Financing by Wells Fargo Capital Finance Corporation Canada in connection with the international financing provided to Redknee Solutions Inc. for the acquisition by Redknee of the technology business support systems business of Nokia Siemens Networks
- Represented FAM REIT in connection with the establishment of a revolving credit facility provided by The Toronto-Dominion Bank
|Education|| Osgoode Hall/Schulich School of Business (Dean’s Honour List, J.D./MBA, 2011)
McGill University (B.A. (Great Distinction), Industrial Relations, 2007)
Law Society of Upper Canada
|Year of Call||