Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Michael Partridge is a partner and co-heads a business law group at Goodmans.
His practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital financings and securities law. He also regularly advises boards of directors and activist shareholders on corporate governance matters and proxy contests.
Michael’s experience includes representing:
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its US$10 billion merger with Goldcorp Inc.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc. in connection with a proxy contest launched by Waterton Global Resources, Inc.
- Mandalay Resources Corporation in connection with a public offering of $43 million of subscription receipts and a US$8 million convertible loan
- CanWel Building Materials Group Ltd. in connection with a bought deal public offering of $60 million of senior unsecured notes
- Apollo Global Management and GSO Capital Partners as sponsors of a comprehensive restructuring and going private transaction involving Mood Media Corporation, effected by way of a plan of arrangement under the CBCA
- Postmedia Network Inc. in connection with its acquisition of the Sun Media English language newspapers and digital properties from Quebecor Media Inc. for $305 million
- Apax Partners and Hub International Limited in the US$4.4 billion sale of Hub International by Apax Partners to Hellman & Friedman LLC
- Kilmer Sports Inc. and Lawrence M. Tanenbaum in connection with the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan's agreement to sell its ownership interest in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd. to BCE Inc. and Rogers Communications Inc. for $1.32 billion and the associated increase of KSI's ownership interest to 25%
- Mason Capital Management LLC in connection with its opposition to Telus Corp’s proposal to collapse its dual class share structure
- Western Coal Corp. in connection with its $3.3 billion merger with Walter Energy, Inc.
Michael is recognized as a leading lawyer in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, private equity and mining by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, for corporate finance and securities by the Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada, and by the Lexpert Special Edition on Leading Canadian Lawyers in Global Mining, and for mergers and acquisitions and natural resources law by Best Lawyers in Canada.
Michael has authored numerous papers and articles in the areas of securities law, mergers and acquisitions and shareholder activism and has presented on these topics as a speaker at various conferences and industry events.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B. , 1996)
University of Western Ontario (B.A., 1993)
Law Society of Ontario