Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Sarah Macchione is an associate at Goodmans. She practices in the areas of corporate law and securities law. Sarah acts for both public and private companies and has worked on a range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, debt and equity financings, bank financings, private placements and corporate reorganizations.
Sarah’s recent transactional experience includes representing:
- Milestone Apartments REIT in its US$2.9 billion privatization by Starwood Capital Group.
- Mettrum Health Corp., a vertically integrated agri-pharmaceutical company, in its $430 million acquisition by Canopy Growth Corporation.
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc., in its US$462 million initial public offering.
- The underwriters and agents in connection with various public offerings by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and its affiliates, including Brookfield Infrastructure Partners’ $1 billion L.P. Unit offering and concurrent private placement.
- The underwriters and agents in connection with various public offerings by H&R Real Estate Investment Trust.
In addition to transactional work, Sarah also provides ongoing advice to a number of Goodmans’ clients on matters relating to continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance, legislative compliance and general corporate law.
Sarah completed the combined J.D./M.B.A. program at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law and the Rotman School of Management, where she was the recipient of the Gerald W. Schwartz Silver Medal, awarded to the student with the second highest cumulative average in the program.
Sarah joined the firm as a summer student in 2014, returned for her articles in 2015 and became an associate in 2016.
|Education|| University of Toronto (J.D./M.B.A., 2015)
University of Guelph (B.A., 2011)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||