Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Tara Hunt is an associate at Goodmans. She practices in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and securities law.
Select transactions include:
- Represented Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its US$110 million acquisition of Aralez Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc. and related assets.
- Represented dissenting shareholder Paulson & Co. Inc. in its successful proxy campaign, replacing 7 of the 8 directors of Detour Gold Corporation since the beginning of its campaign.
- Represented BSR Real Estate Investment Trust in its initial public offering of 13,500,000 trust units at a price of US$10.00 per unit for gross proceeds of US$135 million.
- Represented Invesque Inc. in its US$138 million acquisition of Mohawk Medical Properties Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Represented Invesque Inc. in its US$425 million acquisition of Care Investment Trust, LLC, owner of 42 US seniors housing and care property portfolio in the United States.
While attending law school at the University of Toronto, Tara was the Co-President of the Business Law Society and a senior editor of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review.
Tara joined Goodmans as a first year summer student in 2014, returning for a second summer in 2015 and then for her articles in 2016-2017. She became an associate at the firm in 2017.
|Education|| University of Toronto, Faculty of Law (J.D., 2016)
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management (B.Comm (with Distinction), 2012)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||