Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Chris is a partner at Goodmans. His practice focuses on all aspects of corporate and securities laws. Chris acts for public and private buyers and sellers (domestic and foreign) reporting issuers, investors, boards of directors, special committees, investors underwriters and financial advisors in a broad range of capital markets transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and complex reorganizations. Chris also advises bidders, targets, and shareholders involved in hostile take-over bids, proxy contests, appraisal remedies and other contested situations.
Chris is a regular guest lecturer at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management where he teaches on various topics of commercial law, and is a frequent guest speaker on a variety of corporate and securities law issues.
Chris’ recent transactional experience includes representing:
- Onex Corporation in its agreement to acquire all outstanding shares of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN$5 billion
- Newmont Mining Corporation in its acquisitions of Goldcorp Inc. for US$10 billion
- The Special Committee of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. in its $1.1 billion going-private transaction by a group of investors led by certain members of its management and including Fairfax Financial Holdings and Point North Capital
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its acquisition from NovaGold Resources of a 50% interest in the Galore Creek Project joint venture with Teck Resources
- The board of trustees of Pure Industrial REIT in connection with the acquisition of the REIT by Blackstone Property Partners
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its strategic investment in Continental Gold Inc.
- InterOil Corporation in connection with its sale to Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Spectra Energy Corp in connection with its merger with Enbridge Inc.
- Nuvo Research in connection with its reorganization into two separate TSX-listed companies, Nuvo Pharmaceuticals and Crescita Therapuetics
- Horizon Capital Group in connection with its “vote no” campaign and successful appraisal rights claim relating to TSXV-listed Americas Petrogas
- Centennial Group Limited in connection with its successful initiative to reconstitute the board of directors of Temple Hotels Inc.
- CHS Capital and WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems in connection with the acquisition of WASH by an investment fund managed by EQT Partners Inc.
- Searchlight Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of M&M Meat Shops, Canada’s largest independent retailer of specialty frozen food
- BCE Inc. in connection with its privatization of Bell Aliant Inc.
- WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems in connection with its acquisition of Coinamatic Canada Inc., Canada largest multi-family laundry services company
- The Scanlan family in connection with their privatization of Arbor Memorial Inc., Canada’s largest publicly traded funeral home owner and operator
- The special committee of the board of directors of Astral Media in connection with the acquisition of Astral by BCE Inc.
- Newmont Mining Corporation in connection with its acquisition of all of TSX-listed Fronteer Gold Inc. and concurrent spin-off of TSX-listed Pilot Gold Inc.
- Sirius Canada Inc. in connection with its merger with XM Canada
- The special committee of West 49 Inc. in connection with the sale of West 49 to Billabong International Limited
|Education|| Canadian Securities Course (Honours, 2012)
University of Windsor (LL.B (Gold Medalist), 2006)
University of Western Ontario (B.A. (Honours, Economics), 2003)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||