Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Daniel is a partner in the Litigation Group at Goodmans. He joined the firm as a summer student in 2000 and became a partner in 2009.
Daniel has extensive experience in class actions, regulatory/administrative law proceedings, complex commercial disputes, injunctions, government negligence proceedings, fraud, insolvencies and trademark law. He has appeared before several arbitration and mediation panels and as counsel or co-counsel on matters before all levels of court, including the Ontario and Federal Courts of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Counsel to MUFG Bank (formerly The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ) in a class action regarding the Foreign Exchange market.
- Counsel to Apotex Inc. in a multitude of judicial review proceedings against the federal government and provincial governments in respect of a range of matters including: product approvals pursuant to the Food and Drugs Act and Regulations, listings on the Ontario Drug Benefit Formulary, and two successful challenges of iterations of an “Import Ban” imposed by the federal government regarding certain foreign drug products.
- Counsel to Capital One Financial Corporation and Capital One Bank (Canada Branch) in a class action regarding credit card interchange fees.
- Counsel to Apotex Inc. in respect of various negligence proceedings against the federal government, including successfully obtaining a finding of “bad faith” against the federal government in respect of its handling of the approval process of a particular drug product.
- Counsel to BASF Canada, BASF Corporation and BASF A.G. in a class action regarding the polyether polyol market.
- Counsel to Peace Naturals, one of the first licenced producers of Medicinal Cannabis in Canada, in respect of a dispute with certain investors.
- Counsel to the Province of Ontario in respect of a dispute with the ownership group of Highway 407-ETR
- Counsel to RioCan in respect of a high profile tenant insolvency.
- Counsel to Leisureworld, Inc. in successfully obtaining a mareva injunction and in the civil enforcement of a criminal restitution order.
- Counsel to Vincor/Constellation Brands/Arterra in several successful trademark opposition proceedings.
- Pro Bono counsel to various intervenors in an appeal before the Supreme Court of Canada in respect of the judicial review of a high profile deportation matter.
- Counsel to Balmain Hotel Group in respect of the successful litigation of a nuisance claim against a nightclub neighbouring Le Germain Hotel.
- Counsel to SAP in respect of a commercial dispute with Bata Limited.
- Counsel to Marineland of Canada Inc. in respect of a defamation proceeding.
- Counsel to Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment in a commercial matter.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (LL.B. (With Distinction), 2001)
University of Western Ontario (B.A. (Political Science, With Distinction), 1998)
Canadian Bar Association
|Year of Call||