Construction, Builders' and Mechanics' Liens in Canada, 8th Edition
|Area||Construction and Infrastructure|
Goodmans partner, Howard Wise, is a co-author of Construction, Builders’ and Mechanics’ Liens in Canada, 8th Edition.
Ontario’s Construction regime has gone through several significant changes, beginning in July 2018 with the first round of amendments to the Ontario Construction Lien Act – now the Construction Act. This all-new 8th edition encompasses the extensive changes that have come into or will be coming into force as a result.
Construction, Builders’ and Mechanics’ Liens in Canada, 8th Edition is the only national work of its kind, providing:
- An exhaustive analysis of the construction, builders’, and mechanics’ liens legislation of all Canadian jurisdictions
- Legislative concordances, chapter by chapter, to all similar corresponding and relevant legislative provisions across the country
- Guidance on construction lien practice before, during, and after trial
- A completely revised and comprehensive set of construction law forms and precedents offering invaluable practical guidance to practitioners
- Summaries and analysis of every significant case in the construction lien area decided in trial and appeal courts throughout Canada
- Procedural summaries for all provinces and territories outlining the steps to be taken in respect of builders and construction lien proceedings
- Procedural summaries for the common law provinces outlining the steps to be taken in respect of breach of construction trust proceedings
Important changes covered in the new 8th Edition include, but not limited to:
- The introduction of prompt payment and adjudication provisions
- Discussing the various types of Lienable interest
- Factors that permit the release of holdback at different times throughout the course of the construction project
- The impact of works and undertakings pursuant to the Constitution Act, 1867
- The role of trust obligations
Please click here to learn more and to order your copy of Construction, Builders’ and Mechanics’ Liens in Canada, 8th Edition.