Amalia Berg at INTA's 137th Annual Meeting
May 2 - 6, 2015
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, California
Saturday, May 2, 2015
11:00 am -12:15 pm: Paving the Way for the Next Generation of Trademark Lawyers in the 21st Century
Moderator: Amalia Berg, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- How are trademark attorneys hired, and are law school IP programs important?
- How do trademark attorneys learn the nuts and bolts of substantive trademark law?
- How do trademark attorneys learn how to prosecute trademarks and handle international work?
- Does technology make a difference in the way trademark attorneys are trained today?
- What can trademark attorneys do to ensure the viability of their skills well into the 21st century?
- What can law firms do to better mentor trademark attorneys and cultivate their legal (and networking) skills?
- How can organizations like INTA be utilized to help groom the legal (and marketing) skills of the next generation of trademark lawyers?