Goodmans Presents: OMB Reform is Almost Here – What Now?
|Lawyer||Ian Andres, David Bronskill, Roslyn Houser|
|Area||Municipal, Planning and Property Tax|
Ontario is set to enact Bill 139 Building Better Communities and Conserving Watersheds Act in the coming days. The legislation proposes the most significant changes to Ontario’s land use planning and appeals system in decades.
Join us to review the proposed changes and explore what those changes mean for developers in the GTA. Our panel will discuss practical implications of the new regime, including:
- Applications – How should you approach applications under the new regime?
- Appeals to the new tribunal – What can be appealed and what are the tests?
- Hearings at the new tribunal – Evidence, argument and (lack of) cross-examination
- Transition – What do we know and what does it mean?
Roslyn Houser, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Original Program Date:
December 12, 2017
1 Substantive Hour
For more information, email CPD@goodmans.ca or contact Sandra Montanino at 416.597.4156
For Members of the Ontario Bar:
Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats without a colleague is eligible towards the LSO's annual CPD requirement for up to 6 hours per calendar year. You are not subject to the 6 hour cap if you view it with a colleague. This Goodmans Presents archive can be counted toward your CPD Hours.
To report watching this archived recording in your LSO Portal:
1. Log in to the LSO Portal, and click on "CPD" from the left hand navigation menu.
2. Click on the "Add" button found just below your summary of hours in the Details section.
3. Activity Type: Select "CPD Program or Course" from the drop down menu.
4. Fill in the fields as follows:
Area of Law: Administrative
Program Name: OMB Reform is Almost Here – What Now?
Provider: Goodmans LLP
Start and End Date: [Insert Date Viewed]
- Substantive Hours: 1
- Substantive Minutes: 0
- Professionalism Hours: 0
- Professionalism Minutes: 0
- EDI Hours: 0
- EDI Minutes: 0
Other Information: Solo listening of panel discussion moderated by R. Houser of Goodmans LLP with L. Dale-Harris of Bousfields Inc., J. Winberg of Rockport Group, I. Andres and D. Bronskill of Goodmans LLP discussing the OMB reforms [Insert Time Viewed].
5. Click “Submit” and confirm “Yes” to the entry.
When you select "CPD" from the left hand column, you will see the program in your list of CPD activities and the time will be entered against your substantive hours requirement.
For your reference, the LSO Record Keeping Standards can be found here.