Goodmans Presents: Recent Commercial Cases That May Impact Your Real Estate Practice
|Lawyer||Mark Dunn, Francy Kussner|
|Area||Commercial Real Estate, Corporate and Commercial|
Join us for a review of recent Canadian judicial decisions that may have implications for your real estate practice. Francy Kussner and Mark Dunn will be discussing a selection of cases that will help real estate lawyers and business leaders understand how the courts deal in practice with complex situations relevant to the business of real estate.
Francy Kussner, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Mark Dunn, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Our speakers will discuss topics including:
• Understanding the limits of limitation of liability clauses
• Whether entire agreement provisions mean what they say, and when they will be enforced
• How good faith impacts contractual interpretation, and how that impact may change in the near future
• Arbitration clauses and their enforceability
Original Program Date:
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
1 Substantive Hour
For Members of the Ontario Bar:
Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats without a colleague is eligible towards the LSO's annual CPD requirement for up to 6 hours per calendar year. You are not subject to the 6 hour cap if you view it with a colleague. This Goodmans Presents archive can be counted toward your CPD Hours.
To report watching this archived recording in your LSO Portal:
1. Log in to the LSO Portal, and click on "CPD" from the left hand navigation menu.
2. Click on the "Add" button found just below your summary of hours in the Details section.
3. Activity Type: Select "CPD Program or Course" from the drop down menu.
4. Fill in the fields as follows:
Area of Law: Corporate/Commercial
Program Name: Recent Commercial Cases That May Impact Your Real Estate Practice
Provider: Goodmans LLP
Start and End Date: [Insert Date Viewed]
- Substantive Hours: 1
- Substantive Minutes: 0
- Professionalism Hours: 0
- Professionalism Minutes: 0
- EDI Hours: 0
- EDI Minutes: 0
Other Information: Solo viewing of a panel discussion with F. Kussner and M. Dunn discussing a selection of cases that will help real estate practitioners understand how the courts deal in practice with complex situations relevant to the business of real estate [Insert time viewed].
5. Click “Submit” and confirm “Yes” to the entry.
For your reference, the LSO Record Keeping Standards can be found here.