Goodmans ePresents: Ontario’s New On-site and Excess Soil Framework: Implications for the Construction and Environmental Sectors
|Lawyer||Joseph Cosentino, Matthew Lakatos-Hayward, Catherine Lyons|
On January 1, 2021, the first phase of the Ontario’s new On-Site and Excess Soil Management framework came into force. This framework governs the movement of excavated soils and will create liabilities for landowners, construction managers and consultants involved in the process.
Our panel of experts reviewed how the framework will impact the construction industry and environmental contractors and discuss best practices moving forward, including:
- Liability for the lawful transportation, re-use, and/or disposal of excess soil;
- Early characterization and pre-planning activities; and
- Development of excess soil contracts.
Original Program Date:
Thursday, March 18, 2021
1 Substantive Hour
For more information, email CPD@goodmans.ca or contact Sandra Montanino at 416.597.4156
For Members of the Ontario Bar:
Viewing archived webcasts, video replays, or other recorded program formats without a colleague is eligible towards the LSO's annual CPD requirement for up to 6 hours per calendar year. You are not subject to the 6 hour cap if you view it with a colleague. This Goodmans Presents archive can be counted toward your CPD Hours.
To report watching this archived recording in your LSO Portal:
1. Log in to the LSO Portal, and click on "CPD" from the left hand navigation menu.
2. Click on the "Add" button found just below your summary of hours in the Details section.
3. Activity Type: Select "CPD Program or Course" from the drop down menu.
4. Fill in the fields as follows:
Area of Law: Environmental Law
Program Name: Ontario’s New On-site and Excess Soil Framework
Provider: Goodmans LLP
Start and End Date: [Insert Date Viewed]
- Substantive Hours: 1
- Substantive Minutes: 0
- Professionalism Hours: 0
- Professionalism Minutes: 0
- EDI Hours: 0
- EDI Minutes: 0
Other Information: Attended a live virtual program moderated by M. Lakatos-Hayward, Goodmans LLP with T. Guoth and W. Croft of GHD Limited, and C. Lyons and J. Cosentino of Goodmans LLP, discussing how the excess soil framework will impact the construction and environmental sectors [Insert Time Viewed].
5. Click “Submit” and confirm “Yes” to the entry.
When you select "CPD" from the left hand column, you will see the program in your list of CPD activities and the time will be entered against your substantive hours requirement.
For your reference, the LSO Record Keeping Standards can be found here.