Harry Radomski and Richard Naiberg speak at Webinar: International Regulatory Initiatives to Improve the Delivery of Healthcare in the Fight Against COVID-19
|Lawyer||Richard Naiberg, Harry Radomski|
World Law Group 2020 Spring eConference
Life Sciences Group: International Regulatory Initiatives to Improve the Delivery of Healthcare in the Fight Against COVID-19
May 14, 2020
9:00 AM EST
Harry Radomski, Goodmans LLP
Jonathan Kelp, MinterEllison
Richard Naiberg, Goodmans LLP
Helena Nilsson, Setterwalls
This webinar will feature a discussion of the policies adopted by governments in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia to streamline regulatory processes to fight COVID-19, including those related to
- Expediting the approval of new drugs, vaccines and medical devices, including by relying upon approvals granted in other jurisdictions with comparable regulatory regimes.
- Providing for compulsory licensing of inventions with application for COVID-19.
- Relaxing regulatory and reporting requirements for COVID-19 related drugs, foods and medical devices.
- Facilitating cross-border cooperation between regulatory agencies.
- Providing mechanisms to identify and remedy shortages in drugs (including disinfectants), foods, personal protective and testing equipment and other necessary items.
- Altering the parameters of competition law to permit cooperative work toward COVID-19 related goals among entities who are normally competitors of each other.
- Increasing the scrutiny on advertisers of consumer products that make claims related to efficacy for COVID-19.
To register for the webinar click here.