Joe Cosentino at the LSUC's Construction Lien Essentials 2016
|Area||Construction and Infrastructure|
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
10:40 - 11:10 am: How to Maintain Civility in Construction Law Cases to the Benefit of Your Client and Yourself
Speaker: Joe Cosentino, Partner, Goodmans LLP
Construction liens, trust obligations, holdbacks, registration deadlines - as this area of the law continues to get more complex, you need access to experienced practitioners for guidance and knowledge transfer. Our presenters provide you with practical checklists and precedents to make your next transaction or lien registration smoother and to help you recognize (and avoid) costly errors.
This course will cover:
- Learn how to lien against the common elements of a condominium
- Obtain an overview of proposed changes being discussed to the Construction Lien Act
- Understand how to make sure you lien the right land
- Hear about defects that will render a Certificate of Substantial Performance invalid
- Benefit from an analysis of trust obligations when vacating liens
Click here for more information.