Mark Surchin at Open Forum Ouvert "Anatomy of Opinions in Canadian Secured Lending Transactions"
|Area||Banking and Finance Law|
Open Forum Ouvert
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
8:45 - 9:45 AM EST
Mark Surchin joins the Anatomy of Opinions in Canadian Secured Lending Transactions panel Open Forum Ouvert to discuss various aspects of legal opinions required in financing transactions, including:
- Due diligence and supporting materials
- Scope of core opinions
- Impact of conflict of laws on local law security opinions
- Customary assumptions and qualifications
- Reliance and duty of care
- Search reports
- Post-closing opinions
- Shaping opinion practice: TriBar Opinion Committee, TOROG and Montreal Opinion Working Group (MOWG)
To learn more about this session, click here.