Peter Ruby at the 21st Annual IT.CAN Conference
The St. Andrew's Club and Conference Centre
150 King St. West, 16th Floor
October 23-24, 2017
2:00pm-3:30pm - Legal Control of Internet Content: Who Decides and What is the Impact?
Moderator: Peter Ruby, Partner, Goodmans LLP
This session will cover:
- In what circumstances can non-parties to a dispute be ordered by a Canadian court to take-down Internet content?
- What are the business and privacy implications of Google Inc. v. Equustek Solutions and The Globe24 decisions for: – Internet users – Internet intermediaries – Those affected by a wrong committed over the Internet
- In what circumstances can Canadian authorities regulate business activity on the Internet?
- Policy implications of Canadian courts and regulators controlling Internet players outside Canada
- Is there a Canadian right to be forgotten?
- Practical implications:
- to Canadians seeking the intervention of Canadian courts and regulators?
- for non-Canadians?
For more information, click here.