Richard Corley at the 2022 Osgoode Certificate in Negotiating and Drafting IT Agreements
|Area||Technology, Intellectual Property|
March 24, 2022
8:30 am - 5:00 pm - Understanding the IP in Your IT: Intellectual Property Considerations Critical to Your Technology Agreements
Speaker: Richard Corley
This session will include the following topics:
- Identifying the IP and its ownership; potential pitfalls arising from joint ownership of IP
- Copyright, trade secrets, confidential information, outsourcing, M&A
- Characterizing IP involved in the transaction: foreground versus background IP; base product versus customization; methodologies versus work product
- What rights do employees and independent contractors have in the IP they provide as part of technology development?
- How information technology agreements can impact M&A transactions
For more information, click here.