Stephen Pincus to present at Insight Information's Income Trusts Conference
|Area||REITs and Income Securities|
January 11, 2006
3:15 pm: Governance Update
Hear from a panel of leading experts, which will consist of investment bankers, portfolio managers, tax lawyers, corporate lawyers, investment and rating analysts and business leaders who will discuss the latest developments you need to hear about on Income Trusts such as:
- Review of cross border security and U.S. tax issues
- How do energy and royalty trusts differ from business trusts?
- What are the key elements in doing a deal and the pitfalls to watch for?
- What are the warning signs for a trust heading into financial difficulty and what are the solutions?
- Mastering life as a public company: impacts of running your business and meeting public company demands
Speaker: Stephen Pincus, Partner and Chair, Income Funds Group, Goodmans LLP and Chair, Governance Committee, CAIF
- Why the "noise" about income fund governance?
- What governance standards apply to income funds?
- How is income fund governance regulated?
- Are the public investors in income funds properly protected?
- What steps should be taken to enhance income fund governance?
Insight Information's 4th Annual Income Trusts Conference
January 10 - 11, 2006
St. Andrew’s Club and Conference Centre