Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Brad Ross is a partner in and a head of a business law group at Goodmans. His practice is transaction-based, with particular emphasis on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Brad often represents issuers, private companies and underwriters, with a focus on both public and private equity sponsored companies executing on aggressive growth strategies. Brad also assists companies with their corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations.
Brad is recognized as a leading lawyer in Canada by IFLR 1000, The Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and the Lexpert Special Edition: Finance and M&A 2022.
Brad’s representative work includes acting for:
- The issuer on numerous initial public offerings, including those by E Automotive Inc., Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc., Docebo Inc., Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., BSR REIT, Milestone Apartments REIT, Northstar Healthcare Inc. and The Brick Group
- The issuer on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc., Docebo Inc., Ceridian HCM Holdings Inc., NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc., BSR REIT and Park Lawn Corporation
- The underwriters on numerous follow on public offerings, including those by Brookfield Asset Management Inc., IBI Group Inc. and StorageVault Inc.
- Harrison Street Real Estate Capital, LLC in connection with the formation of The Harrison Street Canada Alternative Real Estate Fund
- Milestone Apartments REIT in connection with its going private transaction
- NorthWest International Healthcare Properties REIT in connection with its merger with NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT
- McCain Capital Partners Inc. on its acquisitions of Chair-man Mills Corp., Loungeworks Corporation, MacFarlands Event Rentals, Classic Fire Protection Inc. and Forest City Fire Protection Inc.
- Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc. on its acquisitions of Logistics Support Unit (LSU) Inc., T.F. Boyle Transportation, Inc., Skelton Canada Inc. and Skelton USA Inc.
- Keystone Capital Partners LP on its acquisition of Pinchin Ltd.
- LifeWorks Corporation Ltd. on its acquisition by Morneau Shepell Inc.
- GTCR and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the acquisition of Global Claims Services Inc., FanXchange Limited and Global Traffic Network, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity Inc. and its various portfolio companies on numerous private equity transactions, including the sale of MMM Group Limited, acquisitions by and the sale of Logibec Inc., acquisitions and the sale of Golf Town Canada Inc. and acquisitions by Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp.
- Birch Hill Equity Partners on various private equity transactions, including acquisitions by and the sale of Bluewave Energy Partners LP.
Brad is an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, where he teaches Case Studies in Business Enterprises. In 2019, he received the Osgoode Hall Law School Adjunct Faculty Teaching Award in recognition of teaching excellence.
|Education|| University of Western Ontario (LL.B. (With Distinction), 2003)
Mount Allison University (B.Comm., 2000)
Law Society of Ontario
Canadian Bar Association