Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Brandon Hoffman is a partner at Goodmans. His practice involves all aspects of corporate and securities law. Brandon acts for public companies, private companies, Canadian and U.S. private equity firms, investors and special committees on a broad range of merger and acquisition transactions, including cross border transactions, take-over bids, arrangements, going private transactions, strategic investments and reorganizations.
Brandon also advises issuers and underwriters in connection with public offerings, including initial public offerings and bought deal financings.
Before joining Goodmans, Brandon practised corporate and securities law at another prominent Canadian firm.
Brandon’s recent transactional experience includes representing:
- The Special Committee of Genworth MI Canada Inc. in connection with the proposed US$1.2 billion acquisition of its outstanding shares by an affiliate of Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
- The Special Committee of Northview Apartment REIT in connection with the $4.8 billion acquisition of its outstanding units by affiliated entities of Starlight Group Property Holdings Inc. and KingSett Capital Inc.
- An affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in connection with its US$260 million equity investment in a U.S. subsidiary of Superior Plus Corp.
- Cineplex Inc. in connection with the proposed $2.8 billion acquisition of its outstanding shares by Cineworld Group PLC
- Cineplex Inc. in connection with its $275 million offering of convertible debentures
- Dealnet Capital Corp. in connection with the successful board-supported take-over bid by Simply Green Home Services Inc. to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Dealnet
- Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. in connection with its substantial issuer bid
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., 2012)
Schulich School of Business (M.B.A., 2012)
University of Western Ontario (Huron College, B.A., 2008)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||