Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Brandon Hoffman is a partner at Goodmans. His practice involves all aspects of corporate and securities law. Brandon acts for public companies, private companies, Canadian and U.S. private equity firms, investors and special committees on a broad range of merger and acquisition transactions, including cross border transactions, take-over bids, arrangements, going private transactions, strategic investments and reorganizations.
Brandon also advises issuers and underwriters in connection with public offerings, including initial public offerings and bought deal financings.
Brandon’s recent transactional experience includes representing:
- the underwriters in connection with Anaergia Inc.’s $175 million initial public offering and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in ABC Technologies Holdings Inc. from ABC Group Canada LP, an affiliate of funds managed by Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
- Andlauer Healthcare Group Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Skelton Canada Inc. and 49% of Skelton USA Inc.
- Cineplex Inc. in connection with its private placement of $250 million of senior secured second lien notes
- an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in connection with its US$260 million equity investment in Superior Plus Corp.
- Cineplex Inc. in connection with its $275 million public offering of convertible debentures
- Cineplex Inc. in connection with the proposed $2.8 billion acquisition of Cineplex by Cineworld Group PLC
- the Special Committee of Northview Apartment REIT in connection with the $4.8 billion acquisition of Northview by Starlight Group Property Holdings Inc. and KingSett Capital Inc.
- Dealnet Capital Corp. in connection with the successful board-supported take-over bid by Simply Green Home Services Inc. to acquire Dealnet
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., 2012)
Schulich School of Business (M.B.A., 2012)
University of Western Ontario (Huron College, B.A., 2008)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||