Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Christina Liao is an associate in one of the firm’s Business Law groups. She has a general practice in corporate and securities law.
Christina advises issuers and investors in public transactions, including initial public offerings and qualifying transactions. She acts for corporations and investors on various merger and acquisition transactions, including cross-border transactions. Christina regularly assists reporting issuers with public disclosure and security law requirements, as well as various clients with corporate reorganizations and corporate law requirements.
- Brookfield Infrastructure in connection with its $2.8 billion sale of Enwave Energy Corporation to IFM Investors and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board
- a consortium led by Northern Private Capital, an investment firm led by John Risley and Andrew Lapham, in its $1 billion acquisition of MDA, Canada’s leading space company, from Maxar Technologies
- MDA Ltd. in connection with its initial public offering and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Clairvest Group Inc. and its managed funds in various private equity transactions, including the acquisition of the solar operations and maintenance businesses of SunPower Corporation and First Solar Inc.
- PopReach Corporation, a free-to-play game publisher of mobile games, in connection with its 2020 qualifying transaction and public listing on the TSX Venture Exchange
- PopReach Corporation in connection with its acquisition of “Peak – Brain Training” app
- a syndicate of underwriters led by Canaccord Genuity Corp. in the initial public offering of Pivotree Inc., a global commerce services provider
- Incline Equity Partners and its portfolio company, Profile Products, in connection with their acquisition of Sunterra Horticulture, a Canadian producer of professional grade sphagnum peat moss
- Warren Equity Partners and its portfolio company, Integrated Facility Solutions, in connection with their acquisition of Concept Controls Inc., a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of gas detection, environmental monitoring and industrial hygiene equipment
- a syndicate of agents led by Echelon Wealth Partners Inc. in the marketed public offering of Avicanna Inc., a Canadian biopharmaceutical company focused on R&D of cannabinoid-based products, for gross proceeds of $5,071,865
Christina is a director of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers – Ontario Chapter.
|Education|| University of Toronto (J.D. with honours, 2018)
Ivey Business School (HBA, 2015)
Western University (BMSc, 2015)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||