Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Dan Dedic is a partner in a business law group and is a member of the Opinions Committee at Goodmans.
His practice is focused on a range of domestic and cross-border financing and corporate transactions. He has significant experience in debt financings, high yield issuances, recapitalizations, restructurings and streaming transactions. He advises public and private borrowers, private equity sponsors, banks and other financial institutions, as well as private lenders, in a broad range of complex financing transactions. Dan also advises mining companies and streamers in connection with streaming transactions.
Dan’s recent representative experience includes acting for:
- Rogers Communications Inc. in connection with its $26 billion acquisition of Shaw Communications Inc., combining Canada’s two largest cable providers
- Cineplex Inc., CanWel Building Materials and Clearwater Seafoods in connection with their high yield bond issuances
- Various private equity sponsors including BDT Capital, ZMC and Searchlight Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition and financing of Canadian portfolio companies
- Algoma Steel Inc. in connection with its term loan and revolving financing facilities
- Brookfield Asset Management in connection with its acquisition financing of a marine terminal by a consoritum of private equity sponsors
- Brookfield Principal Credit in connection with its financing and restructuring of Bumble Bee Seafoods
- Carlyle Credit Opportunities Fund in connection with its financing of Empire Communities
Restructuring and Recapitalization
- Sherritt International Corporation, Source Energy Services Ltd. and Pengrowth Energy Corporation in connection with their successful recapitalizations and exit financings
- a syndicate of first-lien lenders in connection with their pre- and post-filing financing of Sears Canada
- Toys R’ Us Canada in connection with its successful restructuring and recapitalization under the CCAA
- Franco-Nevada Corporation in connection with its various stream financing transactions
- HudBay Minerals Inc. and its affiliates in connection with its precious metals stream transactions with Wheaton Precious Metals and its affiliates
Dan is recognized as a leading banking lawyer by Best Lawyers in Canada (2018-present), The Legal 500 Canada (2020-present), IFLR 1000 (2020-present) and Euromoney's Rising Stars Expert Guide (2020-present). He has been ranked since 2018 in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the areas of Asset-Based Lending and Banking & Financial Institutions. In 2020, Dan was featured in the Lexpert Special Edition: Global Mining and was one of two Canadian lawyers shortlisted at IFLR’s 2020 Rising Star Americas Awards.
Dan is a regular presenter at Osgoode Hall’s annual Perfect your PPSA Skills conference. He is also a board member of Youthdale Treatment Centres, an organization providing comprehensive, integrated mental health services to troubled children and their families. He currently chairs its governance committee.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., Bronze Medalist)
University of Western Ontario (B.A., Honours, Media Studies and Political Science, with Distinction)
Law Society of Ontario