Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David Nadler is a partner and co-heads the Banking and Finance Law Group at Goodmans. He is also a leading member of the firm’s Hospitality Law Group.
David consistently represents Canadian and international financial institutions, non-bank lenders and public and private companies in connection with complex domestic and cross-border lending transactions. David has worked on several financings in the Seniors Housing sector, both for lenders and operators. He has also been involved in several debt restructurings representing both creditors and debtors.
David represents various clients in the hospitality industry, including hotel owners, brand management companies and franchisors. David has been involved in hospitality transactions in Canada and throughout the world, including in India, China, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Japan, Morocco, Israel and Egypt.
David’s experience includes representation of:
- GoodLife in connection to its Secured Credit Facilities and Financing Under the Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility Program “LEEFF”)
- Sienna in connection with its $200 Million Unsecured Revolving Credit Facility
- Sienna in connection with its $175 Million Offering of 3.45% Series B Senior Unsecured Debentures and Closing of $100 Million Secured Term Credit Facility
- King Street Capital Management, as lead lender, in connection with the US$750 million financing of Canopy Growth Corporation, one of Canada’s largest cannabis companies
- Organigram Holdings Inc., a leading licensed producer of cannabis, in connection with a credit facility provided by a syndicate of lenders led by Bank of Montreal
- a syndicate of lenders in connection with a credit facility provided to CM Solutions Inc., an OMERS affiliate, in connection with its acquisition of D+H Collateral Management Corp.
- a syndicate of lenders in connection with a $1 billion credit facility agreement to one of Canada’s largest pension funds
- an owner and developer of a group of branded full service hotels
- a syndicate of lenders in connection with a US$1 billion senior revolving credit facility to one of Canada’s largest real estate companies
- Stephenson's Rental Services Inc. in connection with term and acquisition credit facilities of $210 million
- Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the provision of a $625 million acquisition and operating credit facility to Canadian Apartment Properties REIT
David is recognized as a leading banking lawyer by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Chambers Global, Chambers Canada, Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers, The Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada and IFLR 1000. David has been “recognized for his niche strengths in the senior housing and hospitality sectors, among other areas.” (The Legal 500 Canada 2022)
David has co-authored a number of articles in the area of banking and finance, including, most recently, the Canada chapter of The Acquisition and Leveraged Finance Review 8th Edition published November 2021.
David has served as a board and committee member of several non-profit organizations.
|Education|| University of Toronto (LL.B., 1991)
McGill University (B.A., 1988)
Law Society of Ontario