Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
David Nadler is a partner and co-heads the Banking and Finance Law Group at Goodmans. He is also a leading member of the firm’s Hospitality Law Group.
David consistently represents Canadian and international financial institutions, non-bank lenders and public and private companies in connection with complex domestic and cross-border lending transactions. David has worked on several financings in the Seniors Housing sector, both for lenders and operators. He has also been involved in several debt restructurings representing both creditors and debtors.
David represents various clients in the hospitality industry, including hotel owners, brand management companies and franchisors. David has been involved in hospitality transactions in Canada and throughout the world, including in India, China, the Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Japan, Morocco, Israel and Egypt.
David’s experience includes representation of:
- Organigram Holdings Inc., a leading licensed producer of cannabis, in connection with a credit facility provided by a syndicate of lenders led by Bank of Montreal
- a syndicate of lenders in connection with a credit facility provided to CM Solutions Inc., an OMERS affiliate, in connection with its acquisition of D+H Collateral Management Corp.
- a syndicate of lenders in connection with a $1 billion credit facility agreement to one of Canada’s largest pension funds
- an owner and developer of a group of branded full service hotels
- a syndicate of lenders in connection with a US$1 billion senior revolving credit facility to one of Canada’s largest real estate companies
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in connection with acquisition financing with respect to its acquisition of certain assets of Aralez Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Stephenson's Rental Services Inc. in connection with term and acquisition credit facilities of $210 million
- APLP Holdings Limited Partnership, a subsidiary of Atlantic Power Corporation in its establishment of $900 million in new senior secured credit facilities
- Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the provision of a $625 million acquisition and operating credit facility to Canadian Apartment Properties REIT
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with the provision of a $255 million credit facility to Cologix Inc.
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. in connection with its formation of a joint venture with Dream Unlimited Corp. to develop its portfolio of surplus real estate
David is recognized as a leading banking lawyer by Chambers Canada, Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers, Legal 500 Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada and IFLR 1000. He has also been recognized by Chambers Global and The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory. David has been described as someone who is “practical and takes real world scenarios into consideration” (Legal 500 Canada 2019).
David has co-authored a number of articles in the area of banking and finance, including, most recently, the Canada chapter of the fifth edition of Law Business Research Ltd.’s The Acquisition and Leveraged Finance Review published January 2019.
David has served as a board and committee member of several non-profit organizations.
|Education|| University of Toronto (LL.B., 1991)
McGill University (B.A., 1988)
Law Society of Ontario