Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Emily Hamovitch is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. Her practice is transaction based and focuses on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general corporate and securities law.
Emily’s representative work includes acting for:
- Onex Corporation in its agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for $5 billion
- Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust (PIRET) in connection with its all-cash acquisition by Blackstone Property Partners and Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
- Milestone Apartments REIT in its $2.9 billion privatization by Starwood Capital Group
- Mettrum Health Corp., a vertically integrated agri-pharmaceutical company, in its $430 million acquisition by Canopy Growth Corporation
- Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. in connection with its going private transaction with Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
- a fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with its sale of the Halterm Container Terminal, the largest container terminal in Eastern Canada, to Singapore-based PSA International Pte Ltd.
- Nuvo Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its acquisition of Aralez Pharmaceuticals Canada, U.S. and International Rights to Vimovo® and other related assets
- McCain Capital Partners Inc. in its acquisition of Chair-man Mills Corp.
- Acasta Enterprises Inc. in connection with its qualifying acquisition of Apollo Health and Beauty Care Partnership, JemPak Corporation and Stellwagen Group with a total enterprise value of $1.1 billion
- BSR REIT in its initial public offering of 13,500,000 trust units at a price of US$10.00 per unit for gross proceeds of US$135 million
- Milestone Apartments Real Estate Investment Trust on various matters, including its securities offerings
- RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust on various matters, including its securities offerings
Emily previously acted as in-house legal counsel for GFL Environmental Inc. from 2019-2020.
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2013)
Queen's University (Masters of Public Administration, 2011)
McGill University (B.Sc., Anatomy and Cell Biology, 2009)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||