Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Evita Ferreira is an associate in a business law group at Goodmans. She practises in the areas of corporate law and securities law. Evita acts for both public and private companies, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, debt and equity financings, private placements and corporate reorganizations.
Evita also advises on matters relating to continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance, legislative compliance and general corporate law.
Before joining Goodmans, Evita practised corporate restructuring law, corporate law and banking and finance law at a national law firm.
Evita is fluent in French.
Evita’s representative work includes acting as:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Counsel to an ad hoc committee of lenders in its acquisition of Cirque du Soleil pursuant to a credit bid under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act for $1.2 billion
- Counsel to Onex Corporation in its acquisition of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for $5 billion
Corporate Recapitalization Transactions
- Company counsel to Sherritt International Corporation in a transaction to improve its capital structure pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Counsel to an ad hoc committee of noteholders of Calfrac Well Services Ltd. in its recapitalization transaction pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Counsel to the underwriters in connection with FG Acquisition Corp.'s US$115 million initial public offering and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Counsel to Hudbay Minerals Inc. in connection with its offering of US$600 million senior notes
- Counsel to the underwriters and agents on various follow-on public offerings, including those by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Fire & Flower Holdings Corp.
PRO BONO AND CHARITY WORK
Evita is a volunteer with Raising the Roof, a national charity dedicated to long-term solutions to homelessness, as well as a volunteer with Pro Bono Ontario through their Free Legal Advice Hotline.
|Education|| McGill University (B.C.L/LL.B., 2014)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||