Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Fred Rubinoff is a partner in the Real Estate Group at Goodmans.
His practice is transaction based involving a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including real estate financings, purchase and sale transactions, joint ventures, development of major commercial and residential projects and commercial leasing. His clients include financial institutions and other lenders, developers, REITs and institutional and private investors.
Fred’s experience includes representation of:
- Minto Apartment REIT IPO in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 22 multi-residential rental properties
- Port Credit West Village Partnership purchase, financing and joint venture in connection with the acquisition of Port Credit development site from Imperial Oil
- Osmington Union Station Revitalization Project and Osmington McCaul Street in connection with a joint venture mixed use project with Tridel
- CD Capital in connection with a joint venture and financing for Yonge/Eglinton, 2131 Yonge and E2 mixed use projects
- Seagate Investments in connection with a sale/joint venture with Graywood and financing for Peter/Adelaide mixed use project
- Simon Properties in connection with the purchase and financing of Canadian outlet centres
- Leadon Investment in connection with the acquisition of SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts and post-acquisition financing
- Menkes in connection with credit facilities for Harbour Plaza and LCBO mixed use projects
- CIBC in connection with various credit facilities for Timbercreek multi-residential portfolios
- Blackstone in connection with financing for InnVest REIT hotel portfolio
Fred has been recognized as a leading practitioner of real estate law by Chambers Global, Best Lawyers in Canada (Real Estate) and by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the areas of property development and project finance. He has also been recognized by Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers as a leading lawyer in real estate.
Cabinet Member for the $50 million “In our LifeTime Campaign” for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (LL.B., 1984)
Ontario Bar Association