Jamie van Diepen
Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jamie van Diepen is a partner in a business law group at Goodmans. He has a transactional-based practice involving all aspects of corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Jamie routinely acts for public companies, private companies and private equity firms on a broad range of merger and acquisition transactions, including cross-border transactions, take-over bids, plans of arrangement, going private transactions and divestitures. In addition, Jamie frequently advises clients on contested governance matters, including proxy contests.
Jamie’s recent transactional experience includes representing:
- Atlantic Power and its special committee in its agreement to be acquired by I Squared Capital for US$961 million
- A fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in the US$1.212 billion sale of WCA Waste Corporation to GFL Environmental Inc.
- Brown-Forman Corporation in connection with its sale of the Early Times, Canadian Mist, and Collingwood brands, and the Canadian Mist production assets to Sazerac
- Virtus Industries in connection with its acquisition of Arzon Limited
- Interac Corp. in connection with its acquisition of 2Keys Corporation
- the Special Committee of Kinder Morgan Canada in connection with Pembina Pipeline’s agreement to acquire Kinder Morgan Canada and the Cochin Pipeline for $4.35 billion
- Onex Corporation in its agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of WestJet Airlines Ltd. for CDN$5 billion
- A fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with its sale of the Halterm Container Terminal, the largest container terminal in Eastern Canada, to Singapore-based PSA International Pte Ltd.
- Integrated Asset Management Corp. in its sale to Fiera Capital Corporation for total consideration of approximately $74 million
- A fund managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets in connection with its sale of Penn Terminals
- the Special Committee of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. in its $432 million going-private transaction by a group of investors led by certain members of its management and including Fairfax Financial Holdings and Point North Capital
- Altria Group in its $2.4 billion investment in Cronos Group
- Searchlight Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation, a global market leader in business communications, in an all-cash transaction valued at US$2 billion
- Student Transportation Inc. and its Special Committee in connection with its US$1.1 billion acquisition by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ullico Inc.
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. in connection with its US$462 million initial public offering on the NYSE and the TSX, making it the largest technology company (by initial market capitalization) to ever IPO in Canada and giving it an implied valuation of US$3 billion
- Spectra Energy Corp in its stock-for-stock merger transaction with Enbridge Inc. for approximately $37 billion
- InterOil Corporation in connection with its US$2.5 billion acquisition by Exxon Mobil Corporation
|Education|| Queen's University (J.D., 2010)
Queen's University (B.Cmp. (Honours, Software Design), 2007)
Law Society of Ontario