Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jeffrey Shore is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate Group at Goodmans. His practice focuses on commercial real estate law, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, property development and commercial leasing. Acting for borrowers and lenders, Jeffrey also has extensive experience with financing transactions, including land development and construction loans, acquisition facilities, operating facilities, mezzanine financings and long-term financings.
Jeff’s representative work includes acting for:
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation in connection with the establishment of its Rental Construction Financing initiative to finance the construction of rental housing across Canada, and acting as its lead counsel on over $1 billion in committed loans under the program
- Menkes Developments in connection with various joint venture, acquisition, development, leasing and/or financing matters, including the Sugar Wharf development in Toronto, the One York Street development in Toronto, 304-320 Bay Street, Toronto and the “Interchange Lands” in Vaughan
- Tricon Lifestyle Rentals in connection with various joint venture, acquisition, ground lease, development, leasing and/or financing projects in Toronto, including The Selby at 592 Sherbourne Street, sites within the West Don Lands, The James, 57 Spadina Avenue, Labatt Village and 6-8 Gloucester Street
- Tricon Capital Group in connection with the provision of equity and mezzanine capital for various condominium and development projects in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia
- Brookfield Office Properties Canada LP in connection with various projects, including the development and financing of the Bay Adelaide Centre site
- Ontario Power Generation Inc. on the sale of the “Lakeview Site” in Mississauga to a consortium of builders for $275 million
- The Bank of Nova Scotia in connection with its disposition of the Scotia Plaza complex in Toronto to Dundee Real Estate Investment Trust and H&R Real Estate Investment Trust for $1.266 billion
Jeff was also extensively involved as part of the legal team for the private sector development of the Pan/Parapan American Games Athletes’ Village project.
Jeff has been repeatedly selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in Canada for his work in commercial leasing law and real estate law, is repeatedly recommended for property development law by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, and is peer review recognized as notable for his real estate law practice by Martindale-Hubbell.
Jeff has guest lectured at the Schulich School of Business Masters of Real Estate and Infrastructure Program. He has presented a number of papers at conferences hosted by Federated Press and the Law Society of Ontario. Additionally, Jeff co-authored a chapter in LexisNexis’ Canadian Forms & Precedents, Banking and Finance.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D., Gold Medalist, 1996)
York University (B.A., Economics, 1993)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||