Bay Adelaide Centre - West Tower
333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
Toronto, ON M5H 2S7
Jenene Roberts is a senior associate in the Litigation Group at Goodmans. Her practice focuses on intellectual property, with an emphasis on patent litigation, including pharmaceutical patent infringement and impeachment actions and proceedings under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations. She appears regularly before the Federal Court.
Jenene is also a registered trade-mark agent. She has experience preparing and prosecuting trade-mark applications, and has been involved in trade-mark opposition proceedings and expungement proceedings under section 45 of the Trade-marks Act. She has appeared before the Trademarks Opposition Board.
Jenene’s representative work includes acting for Apotex Inc. in the following matters:
- the successful dismissal of a patent proceeding relating to the drug prasugrel, which is used to prevent blood clots, on the basis of obviousness (Eli Lilly Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc., 2018 FC 736)
- the successful motions for summary dismissal of patent proceedings relating to the drugs aripiprazole, which is used to treat schizophrenia (Bristol-Myers Squibb Canada v. Apotex Inc., 2017 FC 1061), and metformin, which is used to treat diabetes (Valeant Canada LP v. Apotex Inc., 2016 FC 1359), on the basis of non-infringement
- the successful dismissal of a patent proceeding involving three patents relating to the nasal spray ciclesonide, on the basis of obviousness (Takeda Canada Inc. v. Canada (Health), 2015 FC 570)
- the successful dismissal of a patent proceeding relating to the drug rasagiline, which is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, on the basis of non-infringement (Teva Canada Innovation v. Apotex Inc., 2014 FC 1070)
- the successful dismissal of a patent proceeding relating to the birth control drug drospirenone, on the basis of non-infringement (Bayer Inc. v. Apotex Inc., 2014 FC 436)
- the successful dismissal of a patent proceeding relating to the antiviral drug valganciclovir, on the bases of anticipation and obviousness (Hoffman-La Roche Limited v. Apotex Inc., 2013 FC 718)
PRO BONO AND CHARITY WORK
Jenene volunteers with Pro Bono Ontario providing summary legal advice to Ontarians in need, and with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Toronto.
|Education|| Osgoode Hall Law School (2005)
Memorial University of Newfoundland (B.Sc., Honours in Chemistry, 2002)
Law Society of Ontario
|Year of Call||